Barcs Australia is one of the longest standing jewellery brands in Australia.
Founded in Sydney in 1948, the Barcs business continues to be 100% Australian owned and family run.
Drawing inspiration from around the world, the Barcs brand is for the Australian woman and delivers a cohesive fashion jewellery collection of superior quality, craftsmanship and value, using only the finest materials and hand-crafted processes.
- Lilly Reid started as a jewellery sales rep in Newcastle and brought the Barcs brand to Sydney in 1948
In 1951and 1953 Barcs was featured on the cover of Australian Vogue
- In 1975 both David Jones and Myer started selling Barcs, making the brand one of the longest standing brands stocked.
- In the 1980’s Barcs created the brooch pin for the Logie award winners
- In 2005 Barcs was commissioned by Qantas to create the air hostess necklace and earrings set as part of their uniform.
- 2023 – Barcs continues to be one of the best-selling and longest standing jewellery brands in David Jones and Myer.